TERMS OF SALE, WARRANTY AND RETURN POLICY
General: These terms and conditions supersede all previously expressed or implied offers.
- Title to all products sold by FRANKLIN INSTRUMENT COMPANY INC (FRANKLIN) shall remain the legal property of FRANKLIN until the invoiced amount has been fully satisfied.
- Prices, specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice. The price in effect at the time of order or expressed in writing on a valid quotation will apply. Prices do not include shipping, handling or taxes.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, payment for “open account” customers is fully due within 30 days of invoice. FRANKLIN will apply interest of 1.5% per month on overdue balance and may cancel or delay deliveries should customer fail to make required payment or in FRANKLIN’S opinion, a customer’s financial condition or other grounds of insecurity warrant such action.
- Terms for new accounts prior to approval and all temporary accounts will be Visa, MasterCard, C.O.D. (money order or certified check), or pre-payment with order.
- FRANKLIN is not responsible for delays due to causes beyond their control and reserves the right to make partial shipments
Shipment: FOB our plant in Ivyland, PA. Freight WILL be prepaid and added to invoice for UPS, RPS and FEDEX shipments. Common Carrier charges will be billed collect.
- Unless a particular carrier is specified prior to shipment, transportation arrangements will be at our discretion.
- Customer is responsible to have the carrier sign for damaged cartons and file all claims with the Freight Handler.
- Internal damage or shortages must be reported to FRANKLIN within 5 days of receipt.
- FRANKLIN reserves the right to insure on all orders.
- Shipment Timing: Products will be shipped within 7 business days of order processed and competed.
Warranty: From date of sale to the original owner, FRANKLIN warrants their products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for period as noted below. As customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, FRANKLIN will repair, replace, or at FRANKLIN’S option, refund the purchase price of any product in accordance with the terms of this warranty. Warranty coverage will not apply if the product has been damaged by accident, misuse, incorrect installation, transportation or has been modified in any way.
In no event will FRANKLIN be liable for damages, installation, travel or transportation fees beyond the original replacement value of the product.
Unless secured in writing there are no warranties that extend beyond the following:
- Franklin Commercial Clocks: 3 years
- Accutrex Wall Clocks: 1 year
- Metal Series Clocks: 3 years
- MP, FD and FR Series Digital Clocks: 2 years
- Westerstrand Products: 1 year
- MK 5M/5S: 5 years (when driven by a Franklin Master) 2 years in all other situations.
- MK 7M, MK 8M/8S: 3 years
- Resale Items: Per original manufactures terms.
Warranty will be verified by the manufacture date code. When purchased through a stocking distributor an additional 6 months is added for shelf storage.
- All returns must have a returned merchandise authorization number (RMA) assigned. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted. To obtain an authorization number, please contact FRANKLIN CUSTOMER SERVICE at 215-355-7942.
Within 30-Days of Sale:
- Upon return to FRANKLIN and subject to our inspection, incorrect and/or defective merchandise supplied by FRANKLIN will receive prompt re-shipment of correct items and compensation of standard delivery, return freight charges.
- Incorrect merchandise ordered by customer may be exchanged at purchase price. Return shipping costs will be the customer’s responsibility.
- Merchandise, other than custom items may be returned for a 15% restocking fee providing items are shipped prepaid and subject to our inspection determined to be in original condition.
After 30-Days and All Other Returns:
- All returns made beyond 30-days from date of final customer purchase will be freight paid. Upon receipt returned goods will be inspected to determine warranty status and the nature of defect. A decision will then be made to repair or replace a warranted product.
- Returned items not covered under warranty will be subject to diagnostic and approved repair charges. The customer will be notified prior to repair and may request their item be returned at their expense “as is” or scrapped. Applicable diagnostic charges will remain due.